The Mirantis Container Cloud major release 2.25.0:
Introduces support for the Cluster release 16.0.0 that is based on Mirantis Container Runtime (MCR) 23.0.7 and Mirantis Kubernetes Engine (MKE) 3.7.1 with Kubernetes 1.27.
Introduces support for the Cluster release 14.1.0 that is dedicated for the vSphere provider only. This is the last Cluster release for the vSphere provider based on MKE 3.6.6 with Kubernetes 1.24.
Does not support greenfield deployments on deprecated Cluster releases of the 15.x and 14.x series. Use the latest available Cluster releases of the series instead.
Make sure to update the Cluster release version of your managed cluster before the current Cluster release version becomes unsupported by a new Container Cloud release version. Otherwise, Container Cloud stops auto-upgrade and eventually Container Cloud itself becomes unsupported.
This section outlines release notes for the Container Cloud release 2.25.0.
- Container Cloud Bootstrap v2
- General availability for ‘MetalLBConfigTemplate’ and ‘MetalLBConfig’ objects
- Manual IP address allocation for bare metal hosts during PXE provisioning
- Status of infrastructure health for bare metal and OpenStack providers
- General availability for RHEL 8.7 on vSphere-based clusters
- Automatic cleanup of old Ubuntu kernel packages
- Configuration of a custom OIDC provider for MKE on managed clusters
- General availability for graceful machine deletion
- General availability for parallel update of worker nodes
- Addressed issues
- Known issues
- Bare metal
-  Pods get stuck during MariaDB operations
-  Node cleanup fails due to remaining devices
-  Replacement of a ‘master’ node is stuck on the ‘calico-node’ Pod start
-  Manager machine fails to be deployed during node replacement
-  The ‘calico-kube-controllers’ Pod fails to clean up resources
- Components versions
- Security notes
- Update notes