The Mirantis Container Cloud GA release 2.9.0:
Introduces support for the Cluster release 5.16.0 that is based on Kubernetes 1.18, Mirantis Container Runtime 19.03.14, and Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.3.6.
Supports the Cluster release 5.11.0 only for attachment of existing MKE 3.3.4 clusters. For the deployment of new or attachment of existing MKE 3.3.6 clusters, the latest available Cluster release is used.
Make sure to update the Cluster release version of your managed cluster before the current Cluster release version becomes unsupported by a new Container Cloud release version. Otherwise, Container Cloud stops auto-upgrade and eventually Container Cloud itself becomes unsupported.
This section outlines release notes for the Container Cloud release 2.9.0.
- Container Cloud clusters based on Equinix Metal
- Integration of Container Cloud to Lens
- New bootstrap node for additional regional clusters
- TLS certificates for management cluster applications
- Default Keycloak authorization in Container Cloud web UI
- SSH keys management for mcc-user
- VMware vSphere resources controller
- New format of L2 templates
- Addressed issues
- Known issues
- Equinix Metal
- Bare metal
-  Cluster fails with error: no space left on device
-  Adding of a new manager node to a managed cluster hangs on Deploy stage
-  Managed cluster update fails with the Network is unreachable error
-  Cluster update fails during the LCM agent upgrade with x509 error
-  Helm releases get stuck in FAILED or UNKNOWN state
-  Inaccurate nodes readiness status on a managed cluster
- Container Cloud web UI
- Components versions
- Switch L2 templates to the new format