The Mirantis Container Cloud GA release 2.11.0:
Introduces support for the Cluster release 7.1.0 that is based on Mirantis Container Runtime 20.10.5 and Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.4.0 with Kubernetes 1.20.
Introduces support for the Cluster release 5.18.0 that is based on Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.3.6 with Kubernetes 1.18 and Mirantis Container Runtime 20.10.5.
Supports the Cluster release 5.11.0 only for attachment of existing MKE 3.3.4 clusters. For the deployment of new or attachment of existing MKE 3.3.6 clusters, the latest available Cluster release is used.
Make sure to update the Cluster release version of your managed cluster before the current Cluster release version becomes unsupported by a new Container Cloud release version. Otherwise, Container Cloud stops auto-upgrade and eventually Container Cloud itself becomes unsupported.
Before upgrading an existing managed cluster with StackLight deployed in HA mode to the latest Cluster release, add the StackLight node label to at least 3 worker machines as described in Upgrade managed clusters with StackLight deployed in HA mode. Otherwise, the cluster upgrade will fail.
This section outlines release notes for the Container Cloud release 2.11.0.
- Support for the Microsoft Azure cloud provider
- RHEL 7.9 bootstrap node for the vSphere-based provider
- Validation labels for the vSphere-based VM templates
- Automatic migration of Docker data and LVP volumes to NVMe on AWS clusters
- Switch of core Helm releases from v2 to v3
- Bond interfaces for baremetal-based management clusters
- Bare metal advanced configuration using web UI
- Equinix Metal capacity labels for machines in web UI
- Documentation enhancements
- Addressed issues
- Known issues
- Equinix Metal
- Bare metal
-  StackLight in HA mode is not deployed or cluster update is blocked
-  Cluster upgrade fails on the KaaSCephCluster CRD update
-  Cluster upgrade fails with the ‘Failed to configure Ceph cluster’ error
-  False-positive ‘release: “squid-proxy” not found’ error
-  Management cluster upgrade gets stuck
-  Cluster update fails due to Patroni being not ready
-  Managed cluster update to 7.0.0 fails with the FailedMount warning
-  Helm releases get stuck in PENDING_UPGRADE during cluster update
-  StackLight update failure
- Container Cloud web UI
- Components versions
- Upgrade managed clusters with StackLight deployed in HA mode