This section outlines Ceph LCM operations such as adding Ceph Monitor, Ceph nodes, and RADOS Gateway nodes to an existing Ceph cluster or removing them, as well as removing or replacing Ceph OSDs or updating your Ceph cluster.
Ceph changes in Container Cloud 2.20
Since Container Cloud 2.20.0, the Ceph cluster does not deploy on management and regional clusters to reduce resource consumption.
Ceph cluster is automatically removed from existing management and regional clusters during the Container Cloud update to 2.20.0.
Managed clusters continue using Ceph as a distributed storage system.
The following documents describe Ceph cluster configuration options:
The following documents describe how to configure, manage, and verify specific aspects of a Ceph cluster:
- Automated Ceph LCM
- Increase Ceph cluster storage size
- Move a Ceph Monitor daemon to another node
- Migrate a Ceph Monitor before machine replacement
- Enable Ceph RGW Object Storage
- Enable Multisite for Ceph RGW Object Storage
- Verify Ceph
- Enable Ceph tolerations and resources management
- Enable Ceph multinetwork
- Enable TLS for Ceph public endpoints
- Enable Ceph RBD mirroring
- Enable Ceph Shared File System (CephFS)
- Calculate target ratio for Ceph pools
- Specify placement of Ceph cluster daemons
- Update Ceph on a management or regional cluster