Create and operate managed clusters¶
This tutorial applies only to the Container Cloud web UI users
writer access role assigned by the Infrastructure
Operator. To add a bare metal host,
operator access role is also required.
After you deploy the Mirantis Container Cloud management cluster, you can start creating managed clusters that will be based on the same cloud provider type that you have for the management or regional cluster: OpenStack, AWS, bare metal, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Azure, or Equinix Metal.
The deployment procedure is performed using the Container Cloud web UI and comprises the following steps:
For a baremetal-based managed cluster, create and configure bare metal hosts with corresponding labels for machines such as
Create an initial cluster configuration depending on the provider type.
Add the required amount of machines with the corresponding configuration to the managed cluster.
For a baremetal-based or Equinix Metal based managed cluster, add a Ceph cluster.
The Container Cloud web UI communicates with Keycloak to authenticate users. Keycloak is exposed using HTTPS with self-signed TLS certificates that are not trusted by web browsers.
To use your own TLS certificates for Keycloak, refer to Configure TLS certificates for management cluster applications.
- Create and operate a baremetal-based managed cluster
- Create and operate an OpenStack-based managed cluster
- Create and operate an AWS-based managed cluster
- Create and operate an Azure-based managed cluster
- Create and operate an Equinix Metal based managed cluster
- Create and operate a VMware vSphere-based managed cluster
- Add a Ceph cluster
- Change a cluster configuration
- Update a managed cluster
- Delete a machine