Deploy a VMware vSphere-based management cluster Deprecated¶
This bootstrap procedure is deprecated since Container Cloud 2.25.0. Instead, use Bootstrap v2 that provides best user experience to set up Container Cloud. For details, see Deploy Container Cloud using Boostrap v2.
This section describes how to bootstrap a VMware vSphere-based Mirantis Container Cloud management cluster using Bootstrap v1.
You can deploy vSphere-based clusters on CentOS. Support of this operating system is available as Technology Preview. Use it for testing and evaluation purposes only.
Deployment of a Container Cloud cluster that is based on different operating systems, such as RHEL and CentOS or CentOS and Ubuntu, is not supported.
- Workflow overview
- Deployment resources requirements
- Prepare the VMware deployment user setup and permissions
- Bootstrap a management cluster
- Prepare the virtual machine template
- Configure squid-proxy
- RHEL 8 mirrors configuration